Are you looking for exciting and family-friendly activities to pry your kids away from their iPads and into the real world of fun? You’re in luck!
We’ve compiled a list of thrilling adventures that promise unforgettable family moments.
From the glow-in-the-dark excitement at Monster Mini Golf to exploring the wonders of nature, there’s something for every family.
Let’s dive into these kids’ entertainment ideas to help alleviate family boredom today!
1. Monster Mini Golf: a family adventure
Step into the whimsical world of Monster Mini Golf, where mini golf is just the beginning. This isn’t your average mini golf course; it’s an indoor, climate-controlled facility brimming with glowing monsters and challenging holes that are fun for all ages.
- Arcade mania: After golf, head over to the monstrous gaming arcade. With a variety of games, it’s a perfect spot for some friendly family competition.
- Laser tag thrills: Seeking more action? Then, the laser tag arena awaits, offering an exhilarating experience for the whole family.
- Bowling fun: Enjoy a twist on traditional bowling at the mini bowling lanes. It’s easier for little hands but just as fun for adults!
- Navigate the laser maze: Test your agility in the laser maze, a thrilling challenge that’s sure to bring out your inner spy
- Virtual reality adventures: Step into new worlds with virtual reality experiences that transport you to different dimensions
This is one of the best places to go with kids for an action-packed day of fun with so many activities in one location. Check your local venue to see which attractions are available!
2. Explore a children’s museum
Children’s museums are not just fantastic places for interactive learning and play, but they also provide a nurturing environment for children to explore and discover. With a wide range of exhibits catering to various interests, such as science, art, history, and culture, children can delve deeper into subjects that captivate their curiosity.
These museums create a space where children can engage in hands-on activities, stimulating their imagination and fostering a lifelong love for learning. Check out your local children’s museum and let the adventure begin!
3. Dive into an aquarium
Aquariums are not just about watching fish swim gracefully through the water. They serve as captivating and educational havens where children can immerse themselves in the wonders of marine life.
From vibrant coral reefs teeming with a kaleidoscope of colors to majestic sea creatures like dolphins and sea turtles, aquariums offer a captivating glimpse into the diverse and fragile ecosystems of our oceans.
Beyond the awe-inspiring beauty, they also play a crucial role in fostering awareness about conservation and the importance of preserving our precious underwater world for future generations to cherish and protect.
4. Jump high at trampoline parks
Big trampoline places are a great way to burn energy and have a blast and offer a wide range of activities to keep kids entertained while providing a good workout.
Most parks provide different areas for various activities like high-flying dodgeball matches, gravity-defying basketball dunks, and even exhilarating aerobics classes that will make you jump for joy!
Whether you want to unleash your inner athlete or enjoy a fun-filled day with friends and family, these trampoline parks have something for everyone.
5. Discover the wonders of libraries
Libraries are treasure troves of knowledge with more than just books. Many offer story times, educational workshops, and even interactive exhibits for kids. Some fun activities offered by libraries include:
- Puppet shows: Many libraries have puppet shows that bring cherished children’s stories to life playfully
- Craft workshops: From creating masterpieces with clay to learning how to make origami animals, craft workshops are a perfect way for kids to express their creativity
- Science experiments: Libraries often offer science experiments that are fun and educational, such as building a volcano or making slime
- Scavenger hunts: Scavenger hunts at the library are not only entertaining but also help kids learn their way around the library while discovering new books
- Book clubs: Of course, libraries are known for their books, and many offer book clubs catered specifically to kids
There’s plenty of fun to be had at your local library, so be sure to check out their calendar of events.
6. Theme parks for thrilling adventures
Theme parks are the epitome of kids’ entertainment. They’re a perfect family vacation destination with rides for all ages, shows, and often themed areas.
From the adrenaline rush of rollercoasters to meeting your favorite characters, these parks offer an entire day of excitement.
Plus, many theme parks have water rides and splash zones for those hot summer days. This is a great way to cool off and have some fun in the sun.
You can find a local theme park or visit more aspirational theme parks like:
- Disney World
- Universal Studios
- Six Flags
- Cedar Point
There’s a theme park for everyone, and with yearly passes and special events, you can make it a regular family outing.
7. Nature’s playground: state parks
State parks offer a chance to connect with nature. Whether hiking, picnicking, or wildlife watching, they’re ideal for family outings. Keep things fun for kids by creating a scavenger hunt or nature bingo game to keep them engaged and excited.
Camping adds another element of adventure to a state park visit and is a great way for kids to unplug and reconnect with nature.
Many parks offer educational programs, guided hikes, and other family-friendly activities to enhance your experience even more.
8. Botanic gardens: a blooming day out
Botanic gardens are not only beautiful but also educational. They often have children’s gardens or activities that make learning about plants and nature fun.
Many gardens also have seasonal events, such as spring flower festivals or holiday light displays, making each visit a unique experience.
Children can explore and learn about different plants, insects, and animals while enjoying these natural wonders’ colorful and serene surroundings.
9. A day at the zoo
Zoos offer a chance to see and learn about animals worldwide. Many zoos also have interactive exhibits and educational programs for kids.
From feeding giraffes to watching a lion roar, children can get up close and personal with their favorite animals while learning about conservation efforts to protect them.
Some zoos even offer behind-the-scenes tours or overnight stays for an extra special experience. And don’t forget to check if your local zoo offers a membership so you can visit all year long.
10. Throw a party at a bounce house
Bounce houses offer the ultimate fun and excitement for kids’ parties. Not only do they have inflatable bounce areas, but many also have slides, obstacle courses, and even ball pits to keep children entertained for hours.
A party at a bounce house is guaranteed to be a hit with kids of all ages and is a perfect way to celebrate birthdays, holidays, or any special occasion. Plus, most bounce house facilities offer different party packages to fit your needs and budget.
These are just a few fun activities for kids that will keep them entertained while also providing educational and interactive experiences. With so many options available, there’s no excuse for boredom — get out there and start exploring!
Fun Things To Do With Kids Near You: Monster Mini Golf
From the glowing alleys of Monster Mini Golf to the educational halls of museums and the natural beauty of state parks, there’s a world of fun waiting for your family. These activities are entertaining and offer valuable learning experiences and the chance to create lasting memories.
Monster Mini Golf has plenty of locations nationwide if you’re searching for ‘fun things to do with kids near me.’ Our indoor, glow-in-the-dark mini golf courses are perfect for all ages and offer a unique spin on traditional mini golf.
Plus, many of our locations also offer arcade games, laser tag, and other fun activities to keep the whole family entertained with our kid friendly to do list.